Wednesday, January 10, 2007

i can't be up to my eyeballs in tchotchkes

Is my snarkiness always a defense mechanism?

Does possessing a beard mean you're a hipster asshole?

Does possessing hot tattoos mean you can treat me like shit?

Why start a scarf for someone you've known for two weeks?

Why is Kate Moss always right?

Why can't I embrace the word "ciao"?

Why does my supervisor have such a sad face?

Can I eat trail mix for lunch every day?

Is it going to snow?

Can I bring up the war on a third date?

Why am I so trusting?

Why am I so guarded?

Was it ever possible for J to clone himself?

Will I grow my hair long?

Should I quit smoking?

Is Caribbean food sufficiently festive enough for my 30th birthday?

Will Bay Ridge Sunset Park ever feel like Rockefeller Center?

(Feel free to answer.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. probably
2. yes
3. no
4. because its good to be warm
5. she's skinny
6. because its lame
7. because she's sad
8. yes
9. no
10. if you don't want a 4th date
11. because you want to be
12. because you should be
13. science is cool
14. maybe
15. no
16. sounds good
17. never

Sarah said...

well, i'm no expert, but i've been learning about #s 2 and 3 a lot lately, and the answer is, emphatically, NO to both.

jd said...

I do agree with you on #3, Emma -- it's the #2 I'm not so sure about.

Sarah said...

well i wish you clarity and luck!!!

jd said...

Thanks! It's all done and over with now, but I hope to have a clearer head in the future.

Anonymous said...

whoever anonymous is... please feel free to send me kind words anytime...i will even mail you cold hard cash to show my gratitude.

jd said...

Yes, anonymous -- show your face! (Oh, and I will take some of that money, KM. Thanks.)

Anonymous said...

i think they actually meant the "real" kate moss!!!! ah well, i'm still open to any and all kind words...

Anonymous said...

Um, I always thought beards were things men grew when they didn't shave. I'll be sure to tell my friend at work who sports a month's plus growth and a UGA flag above his bed and listens religiously to the Allman Bros. and The Doors that he should pack his bags and move to Williamsburg. As a man who sported some sort of beard for about a third of the last decade, I would say that question number two isn't worth asking. No offense, but my dad just grew a beard. Beards equal laziness about half the time, anyway. And I don't think dudes who still listen to NOFX and The Queers who are in their 20s and 30s qualify as hip. That guy just sounds like a dick.

jd said...

Point taken, weirdbeard.

psmee said...

my new boy has a beard and he is neither a hipster nor an asshole. maybe the correct question is are all hipster assholes bearded? ;)

jd said...

Ah ha, psmee! Indeed! And that is why you went to law school and I did not. ;)

Anonymous said...

you should quit smoking. "ciao" is for the eurotrash, and you should be glad you are not one. it will snow, have patience. sunset park will never feel like the rock. in these times, it is acceptable to bring up the war eevn on a first date - it's all in how you bring it up - and how you are prepared for him to answer - ie, do you really want to know what he thinks or do you just want to know if he agrees with you? and stay away from the hipster assholes, whether they have a beard or not!

jd said...

Thank you, Caddy! I agree with you whole-heartedly.