are secrets a tunnel to a dreamworld where you control events?
SM arrives today and Kennie Bloggins arrives tomorrow for what shall be an amazing birthday weekend, surely. On the big day, Friday, Scarny and I are having dinner with four others (SM, KB, Kate Moss, and my bro) and then shall scurry to a bar in the East Village before ending the night at an old local favorite.
I feel really good about turning 30. I feel really lucky that I have such an amazing group of friends and family.
In less celebratory news, last night's action included me spending four hours attempting to put together a recently-acquired chest of drawers. The instructions clearly stated: "This piece is HEAVY. Two people are REQUIRED for assembly." Who was I to call, however? This is probably the only time in the last year that I wished I had a boyfriend or some shit.
(I never did finish assembling the thing. I sliced my thumb open, bled all over its nice white finish, and installed a drawer upside down. I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause.)
In the course of putting the dresser together, I had forgotten to eat dinner and thus, scarfed down two steamed dumplings (small, cold) covered with Sriracha sauce while standing in front of an open refrigerator at 11:00 PM.
Bring on vacation.
4 comments:
i did the dresser thing two wknds ago - ikea special - luckily b. was around to help me. of course, i helped him put his bed together (ikea again), which really, really needed two people to do and he wouldnt listen to me until it became very obvious that he couldnt do it by himself.
Thanks, Deeg! If only I could teleport y'all up here...
Caddy, lucky you. I put my Ikea bed together myself. That was a headache-and-a-half.
i second coke's emotion. tear it up this weekend! i'll be representin ya'll in the district!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i'm really looking forward to 30 - enjoy!
Post a Comment