Monday, June 18, 2007

and if you wanna find hell with me

Okay, okay, so I can't stay away. It's like a sickness.

The debauchery in Brooklyn is beginning to mimic that of the Athens variety.

Friday night was spent on a bar stool in the Slope with some good lookin' guy. Ended with a wrestling match and a visit to MySpace to check out all his fine Italian cousins.

Saturday morning brought Mexican Brunch #1. Bought "Watchmen", my first graphic novel purchase ever. Took the local train to the Beer Garden in Astoria where we attended the world's largest outdoor frat party. Drank coffee at an authentic Greek diner. (Wanna know how I know it was authentic? It was in Astoria!) Returned to the scene of the-crime-that-was-my-30th-birthday-party, met up with Josh and Frances, and downed two Red Bull & Vodkas (lest I fall asleep standing up). We all took turns being in need of a second wind that evening. Ended up somewhere else in that 'hood. (It's hazy. Mona's?) Ate chocolate. We cabbed it home.

Sunday morning brought Mexican Brunch #2 and while I had anticipated some quality solo time, I was easily lured out by Josh promising good times. (Hard to resist, they are.) Hit up Trout and promptly forgot that tequila gives me hives: two margaritas later, and folks, lemme tell you, was I the picture of perfection! (Note: I'm being sarcastic!) Swallowed a raw oyster floating on the top of a Bloody Mary shot. Ended the evening sharing a big bowl o' clams and chorizo and watching the Yanks beat play the Mets. (I'm keeping my language neutral.)

I also did a lot of other really cool shit, but you ain't gonna hear about that. Maybe some other time.

(Note to self: learn to walk faster.)

No comments: