woke up this morning so i'm still alive
Though I had told a number of people yesterday that my intention was to go home straight from work, pull the covers over my eyes, and hibernate (oh, and maybe read some "Watchmen"), I was seriously stir-crazy even before I reached my apartment. Maybe going out five or six out of the last seven nights will do that to a person.
I texted a few individuals, all of whom were smartly going to stay in -- save my dependable girl, KM. The plan was for me to have a beer at GYC and she'd meet me there, but the bar was predictably packed. Instead, we met on Union, walked to the Promenade, and caught up while sitting on a bench overlooking the Manhattan skyline.
Living in Brooklyn has its perks and that's one of them: when you feel like you just want to unload some stuff you've been kicking around in your head to one of your best friends, she's only a few stops away, and you have the absolutely best view in the world.
(KM: It was "closure is a luxury" and your roommate said it.)
2 comments:
Everytime I click on the link in my favorites for your blog when I get bored I always remember that you see my IP address and I feel so dumb.
my roomate is very wise.
Post a Comment