boy, i can't wait to blog about this weekend
Friday:
Back and forth with Scarny and Josh about the night's goings-on. Supposed to hit up the city and meet at Black & White at 10:30, perhaps? Scarny's at B-Side with a brew and a desire to hang. Let's do that. I train it to the EV and walk ever so slowly in my shoes that keep slipping off of my feet. I should have cabbed it, I know. Walk in and there's Scarny with a Peeb for me. Thank you, my friend.
Josh meets us, we play some G 'n R, some J & MC, and exit on Fugazi. Hit up Black & White. Ben from "Felicity" graciously allows me to cut in front of him in line for the bathroom. (Yes, it's the second time I've seen him. He's just as cute in real life.)
The Purse Drama of the Evening (that keeps rearing its ugly head): somehow the contents of my purse hit the ground while I'm away.
Josh, Scarny, and I stay a bit longer and the boys talk to girls; I text and make some calls. Scarny cabs it home and Josh and I hit up San Loco. (Note: if you want to wake up hangover-free, this is your place.) I have the cab drop me off a mile from my pad 'cause apparently I have no idea where I live. Get home around 4 AM. Barefoot and alive.
Saturday:
Awaken and decide it's the perfect day for a trip to the beach. Solo. Grab my camera and a towel and "Watchmen" (will I ever finish it?!) and make my way to Coney Island. The beer vendors yell, "Hey, don't sit there looking like a mannequin; get up and get yo'self an ice cold Heineken!"
Scarny calls. Apparently it's not the day for the Frog Parade after all! Oh no! He's on Smith Street in a striped shirt and jaunty beret! (Striped shirt, yes; beret, no.) I ditch the beach after sunning for a few hours and meet him at Bar Tabac,where he's befriended a Keanu Reeves look-alike and then head to GYC for pitchers. Josh meets us there. Justin-the-bartender hooks us up. (I like that guy.) The mist is a nice touch on a hot day. Alan is wearing a shirt with a strawberry print. (I like that guy, too.)
The three of us settle up and head to Porkchop and Colleen's amazing apartment for a housewarming party. Chips and salsa and the biggest olives ever are consumed. Wine is consumed. Cigarettes are smoked. KM arrives! (It feels like it's been years since I've seen you!) A good time is had by all. KM and I leave to meet Jendy and hit up my bro's show in the LES. I'm pouty on the cab ride. (Sorry, KM.) We arrive at the club, as do my parents, which is actually really fun and Mom feels like one of the girls. Before I know it, I'm dancing with Mom and buying her drinks and then, all of a sudden, I'm in a cab heading back towards the party.
Party winds down and we hit up Moonshine. I play pool. Quite poorly. Paul arrives, luggage in tow. I befriend Carol. It's getting late. Do I want to go to Splish Splash tomorrow? Um, of course.
Sunday:
We awaken, clean up, train it to the city, hit up Bed Bath & Beyond and Old Navy, and then join Brandon, Carol, and Porkchop in the Zip Car and weeeeee're off to Long Island! "Mr. Blue Sky" is played. "Got to Get You Into My Life" is played. Porkchop has the bitch seat.
We've finally made it! ("It's really happening!") We kick things off with a tram ride. Lines abound, yes, but we ultimately ride many a water attraction: Alien Invasion, Dragon's Den ("It's a funnel!"), the blue tube, the black one, and others. Carol and I cheer the boys getting their enemas on the Cliff Diver. We enjoy water theater, "One of you shall betray me" tattooed on a man's chest, and a dude sporting a blue goatee. We groan at the PDA. We eat popcorn chicken and nachos. Biggest highlight of 'em all, howevs: we see a beaver! Or a woodchuck! Or a big rat! (Long Island is, like, the country or some shit.)
The park closes. We are tired and wet and I am cold with chattering teeth. We find a diner and I eat a veggie burger with real veggies. The cole slaw is sweet. The soup is lukewarm. Garett figures out the check like a genius. We get caught in traffic. I have the bitch seat. Brandon is a skilled driver. We make it to the city by 11:15 PM. We all sincerely hug it out and go our separate ways.
I am tired.
I am exhausted.
The weekend to end all weekends?!
2 comments:
Our olives weren't that big!
I ate one olive whose pit was the size of a normal-sized olive, P'chop.
Post a Comment