Friday, July 13, 2007

if you love me then i'll love you back

I found out about twenty minutes before I left work yesterday that Nick Cannon's "Wild 'N Out" was preventing me from seeing Fabrice Fabrice at the UCB Theatre. (As Amber Bear so keenly put it, "Why does MTV suck so much Nick Cannon cock?")

As noted below, I was bummed.

I walked the two miles home, ate tempeh and broccoli, and began a series of texts with Josh to plan the night's activities.

Me: "Beer?"

Josh: "Girls?"

Me: "Cerveza?"

Josh: "Girls!"

Me: "No girls."

Josh: "Beer?"

And on and on for two hours.

We eventually met up at Trout ("Trout?" "K" "30 mins?" "K") where Noreen was working and thus, got really hooked up with a couple of pitchers of Victory and much food for Josh (corn, pulled pork sandwich, cole slaw, pickle, watermelon, French fries). They played "Kiss You Back" by Digital Underground, which I hadn't heard since the tenth grade.

Walking to the train, we decided to hop into GYC for a moment. Apparently, so did the Department of Health. No more smoking at the GYC, folks -- or, rather, in 75% of the outdoor area. Who knew that a series of opened umbrellas constituted indoor seating? Not us and certainly not the GYC. (I do have some love for Bloomberg, but c'mon; taking the smoking outta the GYC is like taking the cheese outta quesadillas. Or something.)

Learned that Justin-the-bartender is a writer. ("Mostly literary and commercial.") Lives in Fort Greene. Fort Greene is so hot right now. Like Day Glo.

I had to pull myself away from Josh and Justin-the-bartender at 1:30 AM but not before being told that Josh was to have The Pass tonight. I have both Porkchop & Colleen's party and my brother's show tomorrow night; can I party three nights in a row?

I'm not as young as I used to be.

4 comments:

kenniebloggins said...

Maybe you and Amber should have a sitdown and watch Roll Bounce and Drumline. I don't really like the show that much, the exception being the totally hot women on the show who are featured in the most recent issue of King in a car was pictorial. Ouch, my summer just got so much more scorching.

jd said...

I refuse to like Nick Cannon when he keeps me from Fabrice Fabrice!

kenniebloggins said...

Whatevs, I thought that "I'm a flaming gay dude act went out with In Living Color. I'm also not believing that you haven't seen Drumline, and if you haven't, you definitely should.

jd said...

I've seen parts of "Drumline"; I think I may put it in the queue.