Wednesday, August 15, 2007

you're at least worth a little bourbon

Had a really good time with AC last night -- and as I know that he reads this site semi-regularly, I'll refrain from qualifying that with "surprisingly", though I'm sure he'd know what I meant.

We had three drinks at three separate establishments and ended the night splitting a Punjabi samosa with chickpeas, eaten while standing.

(I mean, it ain't no red wine prunes with marscapone, but not every evening can be so um, over the top. Thank God.)

In frowny and/or brow-furrowing news:

School is still up in the air. There are many, many pros and cons. My brother suggested to me yesterday I simply stay a student forever: a law degree, become a Registered Dietitian, take pastry classes... I'm pretty sure the money would run out quickly, however. (By "money" I mean "loans".)

I played hooky from work yesterday because I couldn't bear doing nothing for the 1000th day in a row. Oh, and when I say "nothing", I mean "nothing": even the frequency of my Gchatting has dropped off. Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Thought about going to see my Mom this weekend, but just received a text from KM: "Might be the last weekend for Red Hook tacos!"

Guess I'll stay in town.

Must get out of funk.

AC, maybe you should move back. We can eat Punjabi once a week together.

1 comment:

jd said...

Yesssss! God, I don't know how I missed this band for the last year but I just can't get enough right now.

Thanks, Coke Bref!