Monday, October 29, 2007

l'américain

So, the Sox won it all last night, and I watched from my perch at Angry Wade's with a light beer in hand, popcorn in my belly, and Josh next to me who just wouldn't let me leave until the bitter end of the game. This, even though I was tired, cranky, and achingly full of Halloween candy. I'll admit it: it's nice to have friends who want you around even when you're being sorta pouty.

We discussed getting a big Victorian home in Ditmas Park with multiple bedrooms and a wrap-around porch and room for a studio and having communal dinners.

Rewind: saw KM and Dave at the bar, too, where they'd been since 4-ish to see the Chargers slaughter the Texans. Prior to that, split a pitcher with Josh at GYC and remarked several times on the cold weather. (Note: Our regular bar of the summer will close on November 3rd and we may have to wear parkas to the party.) I arrived at GYC after spending the night in New Jersey, where I made my Mom a delicious (if I may say so!) birthday brunch of baked french toast with raspberries and walnuts, cheese souffle, and spicy Bloody Marys.

Friday night was spent melding groups of friends (or, rather, introducing TRich to Josh, Paul, Porkchop, and Colleen) and eating beef jerky and playing Rampage (poorly) and drinking hard cider -- that is, until Josh, Paul, and I took a cab to Rope. Home at 5:30 AM.

In other news, what shall Halloween bring? I'm certain one of my smart and clever pals out there is ready to whip out a brilliant costume, yes? I've decided I'll be a camp counselor, if I can finally track down the elusive (and quite necessary) camp t-shirt.

Tell me what you'll be.

I need more coffee. I want to subsist on only coffee for a few days.

2 comments:

kenniebloggins said...

I'll send you the photos of the summer camp party. Maybe that'll help. The guys I planned the party with all agreed that the one piece bathing suit/ short shorts combo is the best.

jd said...

That's a good idea -- I've got the short shorts already. Thank you, American Apparel.