Sunday, March 30, 2008

where the new york city winters aren't bleeding me

Things are good.

Heading to Georgia in less than a month. Saw Wuxtry and the REM office on CBS's "Sunday Morning" today. Remembered the time that AC and I had to drop off a cat carrier to the latter establishment when he was doing community service for the Humane Society. (It was to be autographed by the band members and auctioned off for fundraising purposes.) I volunteered a few times, just because I enjoyed being around him. He drove the red Cavalier and would ride his brakes, making me nauseous.

I haven't thought about that in years.

I also heard "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel today and thought about drinking Zima-with-Jolly-Ranchers in Creswell and listening to AC's roommate sing the praises of the saxophone in the song. We were in the dark, sitting on the floor. I was 17.

Now the years are rolling by me
They are rocking evenly
And I am older than I once was
And younger than I'll be, but that's not unusual
No, it isn't strange
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less the same
I guess that time has been on my mind. It's not often that I take trips that far down memory lane anymore.

Things are good.

No comments: