Thursday, June 26, 2008

i promise i'll even pretend it's reaganomics trickling down from the 80s

So, like, things have been busy.

Monday I hit the gym after work (that lil' Nike+iPod gizmo really motivates!) and then went home and draaaaaagged my ass out on a date... which ended up being a nice surprise. We're going out again on Saturday.

I put no stock into these things, by the way. I don't mean to sound bitter and jaded, but I'm perpetually underwhelmed and have become so during my 5-year stint in singledom. This guy seemed pretty okay, though, and he shares my love of "Lost" and my guilty pleasure of occasionally listening to the Counting Crows, so...

(Yes, I really liked "August and Everything After" so suck it.)

Tuesday was a trip to Shea Stadium with Paul, Josh, Porkchop, Colleen, and others to see the Mets get CREAMED 11-0. I think I stopped paying attention to the game around Inning 5.

Yesterday I checked out an apartment. I'm moving in by myself for the first time ever, and as you probably have heard, gentle reader(s), the New York apartment hunt is ruthless. (Four figures a month just to have a roof over my head! What is this world coming to?) This unit, however, seems pretty pretty pretty good and I'm going back tonight to be interviewed by the building owner. Fingers crossed, good thoughts, prayers, chants, etc. plz.

Just got back from lunchtime trip to the gym and my hair is still wet and I feel totally unprofessional.

Le sigh.

2 comments:

Huevos McGringo said...

"anna begins" is a beautiful song. and yes, i know i have to turn in my man card for saying so.

Huevos McGringo said...

approval required? WTF?