Thursday, July 24, 2008

the images go way beyond

I blog because I am tired of packing.

Truth be told, I have spent the last hour not packing, but rather going through a previously taped-up box of photographs spanning the last fifteen years. I had moved it into my apartment, never opened it, and stored it in the back of my closet. Tonight, when I should be closing up boxes, I instead sliced it open and got lost in Georgia and Texas memories galore: Scarny, KB, SM, KM, Amber Bear, J.Ro, Ice, Coke Bref, Sean, Mindy, Crogers, Crews, Dark, Psmee, Emma, Laura, Sonia, Allison, Lydia, Alex, Kevin, Amy, Stevie, Matt C, The Billings, Carly, Robbie, Bren, Dan, Coley, Chris-in-Texas, Caro, Z, chubby me, average-sized me, skinny-sad-break-up me... all in this box that I hadn't opened in nearly two years.

And now I must force myself to sleep so that I may arrive to work prior to when Miley-Cyrus-Hannah-Montana gets on the stage in Rock Plaza and all shit hits the fan and I can't reach my building.

We've been warned there will be a heavy police presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always sort of like that aspect of packing for a move - finding little treasures and memories - but then, you know what a sentimental sap I am.

-A said...

I just went through a box of old pictures too. Ended up buying a scanner and will send some to you soon.