Sunday, September 07, 2008

familia

My mother confessed to me that when I was an infant, she left me in a hot locked car, windows rolled up, for thirty minutes.

"What? Why in the world would you do that?" I asked.

"Well, you were asleep and I had to run in to pay rent and then realized there was a long line and if I got out of line, I'd have to stand in line again, and I kept all the windows rolled up because I didn't want anyone to steal you and oh-my-God when I got out and back to the car, you were so red but still asleep and oh-my-God, I was so scared!"

I texted this to Scarny, to which he replied, "Explains it all!"

Over dinner, I was telling my parents that y'know, who knows? Maybe in a few years, if I haven't met a dude or whatever and I'm itching to have a baby, maybe I'll just have one and a friend or something will help me conceive and raise it or something?

I mean, you never know.

To this my stepfather replied, "CHILDREN NEED A FATHER AND A MOTHER WHO ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE -- NOT TWO 'GOOD FRIENDS'"

Explains it all!

No comments: