tales of future love (the plague)
J: This morning, I saw a pigeon laying dead on its back in the street. Looked completely fine and maybe just taking an awkward nap, but he was obviously dead. Nothing visible wrong with him.
I'm afraid the end times are near.
Like in the Stand.
Me: Oh God, just my luck!
J: So, basically, don't sweat anything.
Me: In that case, I am off my diet.
8 comments:
there are all kinds of dead birds here too (sparrows? starlings? something small.) my dodg keeps trying to eat them when we go on walks.
The Chief: Good evening. Have you ever given any thought to the kingdom of heaven?
Mrs. Peacock: What?
The Chief: Repent! The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.
Miss Scarlet: You ain't just whistlin' Dixie...
The Chief: Armageddon is almost upon us!
Professor Plum: I got news for you - it's already here.
Mrs. Peacock: Go away!
The Chief: But your souls are in danger...
Mrs. Peacock: Our lives our in danger, you beatnik!
I'm in Oregon, and I'm pretty sure that a dead pigeon signals a dead pigeon. Yesterday I saw about a bazillion birds, including a crane, in full flight, some sea lions playing in the Pacific and some salmon swimming in the Willamet River. I also saw bigger rednecks than the Bama variety and some ultimate douchebaggery. These are signs that life on planet earth is thriving.
i saw a dead bird at my bus stop yesterday. polly oddly enough though did not try to eat it...hmmmm....i am officially concerned and totally blame global warming.
Who is this Noella? Your name is KM!
My mom says that dead birds are a sign of bad luck - particularly owls. She wouldn't let us have anything with owls on it around the house. I remember that one time, I found this really cool fireplace screen with three owls on it. Their eyes were made of yellow glass so when you lit a fire, the eyes would light up. She had a fit and wouldn't let me buy it.
Then again, she also said that putting a hat on a bed was a sign of bad luck. Crazy gypsy!
there are animatronic owls on the roof of my building to scare birds away. maybe that's what's killing them.
Off topic, but laurah's comment reminded me of something: was I the only one would would use the ol' scrunchie-on-the-doornob trick when livin' in the dorms?
Sone Begone? You out there? Didn't we do that?
Post a Comment