spice world
I was listening to the Clash and to Belle & Sebastian on the way to work this morning. I was still very tired, though I slept like a rock last night after dipping out early on the boys. (Boys, I am sorry. Fatigue doesn't even begin to describe what I was feeling. I <3 all o' y'all.)
I arrived at work to an email from a recruiter from the CDC asking me if I could interview today in Atlanta. This woman is obviously a genius.
I must return the following books to the library: "The Third Policeman" and "The Hero With a Thousand Faces", both of which remind me that I haven't felt geeky in a while.
I leave for the cruise on Saturday. I have mixed feelings about going on the trip, which I know makes me sound so terribly spoiled. Family vacations aren't necessarily the easiest for me, but I'll be trying to get some good Jen-time in while visiting the following locations:
Saturday, Sunday: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Tuesday: Oranjestad, Aruba
Wednesday: Willemstad, Curacao
Friday: Phillpsburg, St. Maarten
Saturday: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I return to New York on Sunday, when I shall be tan as fuck.
I'm taking Monday the 30th off, as my new philosophy is that one should always have a recovery day after vacation. Always.
Fun times, hurry up and get here.
3 comments:
i totally agree on the post-vacation vacation day.
You've been listening to Tan as Fuck? I'll burn my Nautical Almanac discs for you.
seconded and thirded, fev and caddy! i took tuesday off after returning from france monday and it was the BEST day. i accomplished a ton and it totally set up the rest of my (albeit brief) week. bon voyage and have a ball! (and ps, i totally hear you on the family vacation thing - that's what this was, and it was... trying at times, no matter how wonderful)
Post a Comment