Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i am not illiterate; no, not even a little bit

Contemplated trivia tonight but in light of the chilly weather, decided to hibernate instead. (Plus, Porkchop, Colleen argues that trivia is more of a fall activity and I'll just agree with her. Let's reconvene in autumn.)

I'm not regretting this decision (though some face-time with friends would be nice):

a) I'm halfway through three episodes of the second season of "The Wire" (I love this show I love this show I love this show and I want to hug Omar and light his cigarettes).

b) I'm working on a knitted beret to celebrate the brisk air.

c) I've now got two job interviews confirmed for the next week and a half (I'm jinxing myself, I know it).

d) I was recently asked out by a cute high school chemistry teacher (oh, Lord, am I jinxing myself).

Things is, y'know, a'ight tonight.

Oh, and right now, it just doesn't get any better for me than this.

I mean, seriously.

8 comments:

kenniebloggins said...

The D.O.C. Fucking hilarious. It hit 100 degrees here today once again.

jd said...

Meanwhile, I had to wear a sweater!

jd said...

PS: I think you need to play this jam the next time you DJ.

Anonymous said...

I should check out The Wire at some point. Last night at the Illegal Tender premiere there were so many Wire actors and I didn't know any of them. You probably coulda helped me out.

jd said...

Maybe, though I'm only halfway through the second season. I agree, however: you really should check it out. So good.

Off to read your review of the premiere...

jd said...

Ha! "Clusterfuck"!

kenniebloggins said...

That D.O.C. song gets old pretty fast. It was a sorta hit for about a second, and then he was gone.

jd said...

I'll respectfully disagree with you, KB. I listened to the song four times last night and it still hasn't gotten old.