Sunday, September 28, 2008

desperation is a tender trap

Your most marked characteristic? An unfortunate penchant for the dramatic.

The quality you most like in a man? Sense of humor.

The quality you most like in a woman? Sense of humor.

What is your principle defect? See my most marked characteristic.

What is your favorite occupation? Personal business on company time.

What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes? To live without love.

What would you like to be? Settled.

In what country would you like to live? I haven't fully explored my own, and thus it presently suits me fine. Ask me on November 5th.

What is your favorite color? Kelly green.

What is your favorite flower? Hydrangea.

What is your favorite bird? Swallow.

Who are your favorite prose writers? Gabriel Garcia Marquez, J.D. Salinger.

Who are your favoite poets? e.e. cummings, Edna St. Vincent Millay.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Ignatius J. Reilly.

Who are your favorite painters? Magritte, Munch, Kandinsky, Chagall.

What are your favorite names? Atticus, Judah, Holden, Stella, Bixby, Georgia.

What natural gift would you most like to possess? I should like to be proficient in creating visual art.

How would you like to die? Without fear.

What is your present state of mind? Planning for the worst; hoping for the best.

* * *

You know, sometimes on a Sunday evening, it's good to just take stock.

Things are fiiiiiiiiiiner than they've been. Big changes on the horizon. Possibly two weeks. Possibly four weeks.

The weekend was spent watching football (OMG DAWGS I CAN'T EVEN GET INTO IT), eating tarts, drinking red wine, talking by candlelight until 4AM, listening to Lindsey Buckingham, and other sappy sick sweet sillinesssssssssss.

When one is giddy and high and in The Fog, one tends to type out words and add superfluous letters, you see.

!!

Oh, lest you think I've lost myself, I also had Necessary Brunch with Scarny, hit the gym, did the dishes, avoided laundry, ate a hummus sandwich on Macdougal Street in the West Village, shopped for groceries, and talked to SM, and now I just must must must start "Nashville" if I'm going to return it tomorrow.

Swooooooooooon.

No comments: