Tuesday, August 01, 2006

you are what you eat, development and events coordinator

Occupation: Development and Events Coordinator (translation: higher ed fundraising)

Relationship status: Perpetually obsessed with one unattainable man or another.

Gender: Female

Location: Cambridge, MA

What did you eat yesterday? Special K with lactose-free organic milk, lowfat maple-flavored organic yogurt, cherries!, 2 two-bite brownies, fusilli with marinara, vanilla ice cream, limeade, water

What do you never eat? I was going to say red meat, which is basically true, but as I mentioned the other day, I have eaten it (on purpose) relatively recently. There have been numerous times when I've eaten it accidentally (like the time I had a turkey wrap at a meeting and couldn't figure out what was in it that was crunchy, and it turned out to be...bacon. And then I was pissed because if I was going to eat bacon, I would have like to have been able to actually enjoy it.). Then I was going to say innards, but I did (only once) eat a fabulous meal that included lentils cooked in fois gras (also grilled salmon and baby brussels sprouts - it was fab). So I'll just say bugs. And beer, although beer is not technically something one eats.

In my refrigerator, you can always find: Brita full of water, lactose-free organic milk, pasta sauce, various standard condiments, a bottle of Westport Rivers sparkling wine that I will drink someday when I have a good reason to celebrate

In my freezer, you can always find: Ice, bread that's been in there far too long, peas, and usually ice cream even though I shouldn't

What is your favorite kitchen item? A Wicked Sharp Knife followed closely by a Wooden Spoon

Where do you eat out most frequently? Sadly, Au Bon Pain is the site of way too many lunches. I don't eat out anywhere "real" very often. Probably Casablanca in Harvard Square would be the next best answer, although I mainly eat from the bar menu there (mezze plate, fried almonds, that sort of thing), while imbibing with co-workers. Or The Bayside in Westport, MA, which is a stupendous combo of greasy spoon and organic/local/foodie food (it's a "green" restaurant, too) - the lobster roll is to die for.

World ends tomorrow. What would you like for your last meal? Probably donuts. I'd like to say it would be something really fabulous and gourmet, but honestly, a dozen from Krispy Kreme would do the trick. Or maybe apple pie a la mode.

No comments: