as happy as i make up my mind to be
I am right now, right-as-we-speak, watching my first Georgia game of the season. (And I am apparently moved to take pictures of the television screen.) Didn't watch last week's game as I spent the day with Scarny instead.
What else have I been up to, you ask? (How nice of you to ask.) Well, I made some hardtack this weekend, just because I'm a nerdy budding culinary historian. (With no shame.) I also made some tomato soup cupcakes for a food blogging event and the author of the cookbook (Sarah Kramer of "How It All Vegan" fame!) from which I snagged the recipe gave me props. Oh, and I watched A.W. make some of the most melt-in-your-mouth brownies I've ever tasted.
I met my new roommate, as Andrew sublet his room for the month of September while he looks for a job. Tom is cute. Nice. Works at the Gap. Discount? Fingers crossed.
With A.W., finished "The Civil War". Next up: Ken Burns' "The Shakers".
Continued "Mayflower" and found my missing copy of "La Dolce Vegan".
Worked on my first knitted scarf of the season. (!!!)
Also baked a loaf of this vegan spicy fig pumpkin bread for Scarny, which I had been promising him for many a month.
Tomorrow: laundry. Pleeeeease, will someone do it for me? I'd rather go see a movie.
3 comments:
Since you are interested in culinary history, check out the Schlesinger Library's culinary collection:
http://www.radcliffe.edu/schles/culinary.php
One of the many cool things about my current place of employment.
Maybe I will try to get up there and see it in person!
also, have you read a) cooking for mr. latte, and b) julie and julia? they both seem like books you would like.
Post a Comment